Discover More Value
The S&P Capital IQ platform provides the most accurate and timely financial information to investment banks, asset management firms, private equity firms and corporations around the world with our new design system.
This app will offer clients the freedom to access all current company financials and market information, as well as their designated S&P Capital IQ documents and reports on the go.
• Sync content to access the latest reports when offline
• Instantly access documents and reports from Capital IQ
• Create subscriptions to receive the latest transcripts, filings, and investment research for public and private companies
• Stay on top of pricing for portfolios and watchlists
Group whiteboard session helps us to evaluate data-sets that we can translate from platform assets onto tablet. At that time we were undergoing a huge system infrastructure, branding, product & content transformation so it was an ideal time to re-think our 360º strategies that align UX to the most relevant content.
Based on the whiteboard sessions and numerous meetings with the team, we came up with a high-level summary plan. From then on we work closely with the P&C and BA team to define a more detailed map.
Understanding Their Goals
We went through a series of one on one interviews with many of our existing clients. We discovered that majority of them would very much like similar features from the platform onto a tablet.
Our challenge will be defining what to have and not have.
They always thought this kind of research is always performed in a usability lab and it also very tedious. Turn out everybody was very focused and understood the needs & goals of their target users.
Traffic from 1st Generation iPad App
This shows the users traffic of the first generation iPad app in the last 18 months. From talking to our existing clients, we found out 90% of our users said it was hard to find what they were looking for and the overall experience was poorly executed.
Based on research, hamburger button at this point was widely recognized as the main navigation/menu system. Through our A/B testing, our users were able to identify it and help them to discover more content.
Working with developer to create stage three prototype with x-code.
Color & Typography System
S&P Corporate Website: http://marketintelligence.spglobal.com/our-thinking/videos/s-p-capital-iq-app-for-ipad
Welcome to the 2.0 version of the S&P Capital IQ iPad app, which features a brand new design and improved navigation, plus the following new content and features:
- Briefing View: Our new default view gives you a macro view of your coverage, customizable to an S&P Capital IQ list, or as a combination of industries and geographies.
- Aftermarket Research: Featuring multi-asset class research composed by leading analysts at more than 1700 firms, including the Standard and Exchange research reports.
- Ownership: View current and historical Ownership Summaries, Top Holders, and Activists and Insiders.
- Quick Comps: Use Quick Comps & Charting to see key comparisons of a company to all of its comps, including custom comps configured on the S&P Capital IQ platform, based on 16 financial data metrics, 8 trading multiples, and 12 operating statistics.
- New charts, including a debt maturity schedule, comparable price analysis chart, historical ownership, and an improved stock price chart.
- Improved save for offline workflow.
- Sync Company Events to your iPad calendar.
- Audio Transcripts: Stream our full collection of Audio Transcripts while online, or save a copy for offline listening.
- View global market performance customized to the location of your device.